Is It A National Epidemic??



We all know the feeling.... that little empty rumble that starts in your stomach... but you are in no position to stop and eat ... yet.  You keep getting interrupted at work... or your staff meeting is taking too long..... and no one brought snacks....... that little empty rumble starts turning into a big rumble. Embarrassing noises...... people look at you funny........ and then it hits......... the subtle headache... the fatigue....... the impatient attitude... the frustration....the I WILL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF IF I DON"T EAT NOW moment.

It has obviously become an epidemic that we can all relate too.  You have seen the snickers bars commercials where William Dafoe is Marilyn Monroe until he/she gets her snickers bar to cure the Hangry attitude.... 

The Jacks Links commercials where the man has a cougar come out of his stomach to grab food... or a wolf out of his stomach at the conference table.

I  hate to admit it...... but I am the WORST at this.  For one, I hate being hungry.  For two, I hate being hungry and inconvenienced to be that way...... I and my girlfriends, get to a point where our thought process goes no further until food is in front of us.  It borders on a child like tantrum... Don't ask me any more questions...... don't ask me to do anything else......... until I can eat.  Okay, it is a child like tantrum..........  But you can relate can't you?  

Don't you have that one co-worker that everyone knows is going to control the lunch conversation because she just reached that point.  Staff meeting over.......... LOL

Have you reached that point where you are out running errands and the gas station hot dog that has been on the rolling irons for 8 hours looks as appealing as a t-bone at the moment?  You go for it....... you know you will pay for it later....... but at this moment...... it is heaven and no one better ask for a bite!  

It seems our busy lives keep us moving forward with productivity..... but productivity needs fuel... stop the HANGRY'S.....  keep snacks handy!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY DON'T CHICKEN BREASTS HAVE NIPPLES?