The Courtesy Nod...Don't be RUDE!



Remember the days of RSVP's, returning a phone call after they left a message, picking up the phone to hear the beep of a vm left?  Remember when the cell phone would let you know that someone was on the phone when you called them........ so you could leave a message... and they would call you back.  Remember the basic etiquette of a response?

I have learned that people have become such slackers in the department of phone/text/email etiquette. Not only do people not leave messages...... but they use the "missed call" feature of their phone as proof enough they called and therefore deserve a return call.  " Hey, you called me?"...

My rule is, no message....... no return call.  If it isn't important enough to leave a brief message... it must not have been important to call me.

Let's not start talking about FACETIME.... UGH!  There should be a proper etiquette about calling someone FACETIME.  Don't call before 10:00 a.m. or after 8:00 pm   unless you get permission by text.  You never know.... could be getting out of the shower... in the middle of a meeting...... or doing "other" things that don't need to be shown on FACETIME!

A text.......... here is where it gets interesting.... people who have their phones set on read receipt.... I know you received my text and when you read it; on 4/11/2017 at 11:32 a.m.      You can't hide!  So, a simple Courtesy Nod of an emoji......... a... simple... got it!  Thank You!  or tell me you will get back to me in a bit......... something!  RUDE!    People that do not have read receipt on........ If I have gone out of my way to send you information you needed, complimented you on the recent baby picture you sent, or better yet....... asked you a question.......... a Courtesy Nod is definitely warranted.  Then I have to wonder.. did you get my text... did you change your phone number... if it is my kids........ are you OK???   Nothing gets a Moms' or a Wifes' head spinning faster with made up scenarios of death and destruction that not providing a simple response.  Am I right on this one?

Professional etiquette........ a quick reply to an email......... Thank You!  A quick reply to a text...... Thank You!  Don't be shocked if you FACETIME at the wrong hours and I answer........ just to teach you a lesson.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHY DON'T CHICKEN BREASTS HAVE NIPPLES?