Is King Size Really Made for a King?


I, like many people out there, am the parent of fur babies.  I love them... now that we are empty nesters they have taken the place of the kids since the last child flew the coop.  My husband says I am the type of person that if anything happened to him.... I would become the crazy cat lady.... he is probably right.... except I hate scooping the box......... so it is his job.  LOL


Our fur babies sleep with us......... we have a King Sized bed......... and last night the bed finally felt too small.  I found myself pulling my one leg out of the covers to cool off... as both cats and the husband were using me as their pillow........ I flung my leg over my husbands..... and tried to carefully position myself as not to disturbed the sleeping critters in the bed (husband included)  I laid there awake and listened to everyone snore...... while I started thinking about the comfortable sofa in the living room.  The bed just isn't big enough!  I double checked the measurements of a king size bed...... "King Mattress. The king size mattress dimensions are 76 inches wide by approximately 80 inches long – about 18 inches wider than a queen. This is the closest a couple can come to having as much personal space (38 inches) as each would have on a twin bed."-  
That explains it!!!!  Have you, as an adult, had to sleep in a twin bed recently?  There is barely enough room for the average size adult... and they put two together to trick us...  ugh.... I have decided that in order for the family to sleep peacefully with the fur babies....... should you choose to do that..... they need to invent a bed BIGGER than your standard king size bed.  We could call it the Noah's Ark- large enough for all of your two by two's plus YOU!  .......... I think I am on to something there.

Comments

  1. I agree completely. And why is it we contort ourselves so we do not disturb those fur babies! Maybe you could create an extension that flips out when you need that extra room?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHY DON'T CHICKEN BREASTS HAVE NIPPLES?