Do you have a Wine time or a "Whine" time?



With the crazy days of juggling family life, work life, relationship time, caring for the pets, and responding to the endless emails, texts and phone calls.............. the non stop connection to the world can make one go a little "wacko"...  I personally prefer to wine.   I find my happy place to be my back patio with a glass of wine....... no phone or laptop in sight........ just watching the birds and hanging with my cats.   When I get a little overwhelmed....... I just step away.  It is safer for everyone that I put myself into time-out!

People handle stress in so many different ways........ you might be the "Explosive Internalizer"... the person who holds it all in... takes on more and more tasks.. and the one day that you find the toothpaste isn't being squeezed from the bottom sets you off into a frenzy most commonly described as the "Exorcist Moment".

Or you might be the "Rationalizer"......... you tell yourself this will pass.  Stress is good!  Stress makes me feel alive!  I will get less sleep at night and handle all of this and then it will be solved and much better......... this person is also referred to as the "Energizer Bunny"... you keep going and going...... until you hit the wall!!

Very few of us know how to ask for help........ very few of us can accept help.  It seems to be something with pride..... or possibly we believe that we are the only ones capable of handling things.....or the only one that can do it right.

It isn't attractive for a grown person to sit in a corner, wrap your arms around your knees, and begin rocking back and forth as you try to process the stress in your life........ you will not advance in society if this is how you prefer to handle things.....definitely not a good thing.

When you feel the blood pressure rising, the demand of the cell phone and emails become too much...dinner isn't made..... laundry isn't done...... you still have homework to do with the kids... or that project for work still has to be done..... and you know it is going to be a long night... start looking for solutions to help you get through the day.  A very wise person told me to ask myself what can I delegate?  What can I do to solve the dinner problem.. ( premade meals are fantastic)  WONG's Delivery is amazing too!

Take a break....... walk away........ go for a walk around the block...... sit on your patio....... but don't forget one thing; if you stress yourself out you expose yourself to getting sick.... and then NOTHING gets done... and talking to clients while coughing and sneezing is NOT sexy!

Take care of you......... so you can take care of others.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY DON'T CHICKEN BREASTS HAVE NIPPLES?