Am I Considered Vintage???



I was out at a vintage shop yesterday checking out the cool shabby chic and refurbished furniture pieces... each vendor has their own little space that is decorated with cute decor items and furniture... I am a sucker for this kind of shop!!

I was walking through and noticed this phone....... it says  "OLD Phone"..........  it is a Bell phone... from Bell Atlantic........... and it is cool because it has the auto redial button....... how freaking cool is that?

Now, we have computers in the palm of our hand that you don't even have to press buttons to dial... you can just tell Siri to do it for you!

But, seeing this labeled as OLD made me think............ am I now considered Vintage because I had one of these phones?  Because I know how it works?   But, it also made me think about all of the wonderful benefits of having one of these............. versus the computer in our hands we can't live without.......

When you called someone...... and they were having a conversation with someone else..... you got a busy tone......... now granted...... you could also take the phone off the hook when you didn't want to be bothered........ and the person trying to reach you would go insane by listening to the busy tone for the next two hours as they try to reach you.   My Dad once called our neighbors to go next door and tell my Mom ..... put the phone back on the hook...... only to discover..... that I was on the phone.. and had been for two hours.    A REAL conversation,,,, not texting... instant messaging.... etc etc. It drove all parents of teenagers CRAZY having the phone tied up...... but that was part of growing up.  Before cordless...... I would sit on the kitchen counter... and stretch that cord as far as I could.. to try and having a private conversation..... NOT easy!

Then came the invention of call waiting, that saved many parents/teen relationships... LOL  ...... and no more dialing "0" for the operator.  It was kinda cool calling the operator..... it was a person....... it was a free service.  She could connect you to phone numbers and help you find numbers.... people...... all over the country!  ..Jobs lost to technology.. kinda sad.

But, the evolution of technology has made it easier to find information at lightning speed... granted when you are in a wifi or 4G zone.... otherwise... it is as useful as a one armed hanger..   I can share contacts with contacts... find a place to eat within a mile of me... book a hotel... an airline reservation all with the touch of a finger.. in a machine that is tucked away in over 7 billion peoples pockets world wide!

I guess I am vintage.......... but I am a classic vintage... chic.. not too shabby.... and one glamorous relic!


#northportrealtor #greenlionrealty @realtorloririv1 #swflorida



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY DON'T CHICKEN BREASTS HAVE NIPPLES?